An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time experienced Practice Nurse to work at Arden House Medical Practice, a small semi-rural practice in the High Peak with 4200 patients.
We are dedicated to patient-centred care and making a positive difference in our community.
We are part of the High Peak and Buxton Primary Care Network
We use EMIS Web as our clinical system.
Main Duties Of The Job
The Practice Nurse will work as part of our primary healthcare team.
- Monitoring and management of chronic disease areas such as Asthma, COPD, Hypertension, Diabetes.
- Cytology smear taking, swabs, basic sexual health & contraception
- Conducting investigations, ECGs, 24 BP recordings etc.
- Adult and child Immunisations including travel vaccinations.
- Anticoagulation management or a willingness to train for this.
- Dressings and treatment room procedures.
- Requesting pathology tests, for example urine cultures, swabs
- Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to GP’s as appropriate
Other tasks will include:
- Following all infection control procedures and ensuring everything is in place, regular checks etc.
- Participation in administrative systems in the Practice
- At all times there will be a need to maintain accurate records
- A duty to advise GPs of potential problems or errors within the range of assigned tasks
- Attend and participate in weekly MDT meetings.
- Home visits to vulnerable and housebound patients
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings for extended hours and vaccination clinics.
For further information on the role and how to apply, please visit NHS Jobs: Practice Nurse.